What to Wear on a Dune Buggy Ride in Dubai: A Guide to Dressing for Adventure
Dubai offers a city of extremes, with towering skyscrapers to vast golden dunes. If you plan to explore the desert on a dune buggy, you can experience the adventure of a lifetime. However, before you start revving your engine, you must consider one crucial thing: what to wear on a dune buggy trip.
Choosing the right clothes and accessories can determine whether you have a comfortable and enjoyable ride or a bumpy and unpleasant one. This blog post will guide you through everything you need to know about what to wear on a dune buggy ride in Dubai. We’ve got you covered, from the climate and weather conditions to the type of footwear and protective gear. So, buckle up and let’s begin!
Understanding Dubai's Climate and How It Affects Your Dune Buggy Attire
Dubai has a hot and arid desert climate with scorching temperatures that people know about. The temperature can soar to over 48°C during summer, making it unbearably hot for most outdoor activities. However, the temperature ranges between 20°C to 30°C during the day and drops to around 15°C at night in winter.
The weather in Dubai can affect what you wear for dune buggy riding. We recommend wearing light, breathable clothing that allows air to circulate and keeps you cool in the summer. Materials such as cotton or linen that are lightweight and absorbent are a good choice. You should also protect yourself from the sun by wearing a helmet, sunglasses, and sunscreen with a high SPF. Choose materials such as cotton or linen that are lightweight and absorbent. Wearing a helmet, sunglasses, and sunscreen with a high SPF is also important.
In the winter, you can wear slightly warmer clothing, such as long-sleeved shirts and pants, but still, wear breathable fabrics that allow air to circulate. You may want to bring a light jacket or sweater to stay warm during the colder nights.
Protecting Yourself from the Sun and Sand
If you’re planning a dune buggy ride in Dubai, here are some essential items you should bring with you:
- Comfortable and breathable clothing: Choose lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that allows air to circulate and keep you cool.
- Sun protection: You must wear a helmet, sunglasses, and sunscreen with a high SPF to shield your skin and eyes from the sun.
- Closed-toe shoes: Choose shoes with good grip and support rather than sandals or flip-flops, as they can be uncomfortable and offer little protection.
- Scarf or Shemagh: A scarf or shemagh can protect your face and neck from the sand and wipe sweat or dust from your face.
- Gloves: Wear lightweight, breathable gloves if you’re prone to blisters or prefer a better grip on the steering wheel.
- Goggles: Wearing goggles is essential for a dune buggy ride in the Dubai desert, as it’s a guided tour where you follow a guide who will be on a quad or dune buggy. The sand kicked up by the vehicles can make it difficult to see and ride and cause irritation and discomfort to your eyes and face. Goggles will protect your eyes and provide a clear view of the stunning desert.
What Not to Wear on a Dune Buggy Ride in Dubai
When preparing for a dune buggy ride in Dubai, it’s important to avoid certain items. Here are some things not to wear:
- High heels or open-toed shoes: Avoid wearing high heels or open-toed shoes as they can be dangerous and offer little protection. Instead, wear closed-toe shoes with good grip and support.
- Tight-fitting or uncomfortable clothing: Choose loose-fitting, breathable clothing that allows air to circulate and keep you cool. Tight-fitting or uncomfortable clothing is not recommended.
- Jewelry: Do not wear necklaces, bracelets, or dangling earrings to avoid getting caught in the vehicle.
- Long dresses or skirts: Long dresses or skirts can be impractical and unsafe, so it’s best not to wear them.
- Heavy or bulky accessories: Heavy or bulky accessories, such as backpacks or purses, should not be worn as they could be uncomfortable or get in the way while driving.
FAQs About What To Wear
It’s not recommended to wear sandals or flip-flops, as they offer little protection and can be hazardous while driving.
Yes it is necessary to wear protective gear.
It’s best to avoid wearing jewelry that could get caught on the vehicle or pose a risk to your safety.
Yes, it’s safe to wear shorts on a dune buggy ride in Dubai as long as they are comfortable and allow for ease of movement. Just be sure to apply sunscreen to all exposed skin
No, we will “tour operator” provide you the protective gear like helmets or knee pads
Yes, wearing helmet is must while riding a dune buggy in Dubai.
Yes, it’s recommended to wear sunglasses on a dune buggy ride in Dubai to protect your eyes from the bright sun and blowing sand. It’s best to choose sunglasses with polarized lenses that provide maximum protection from the glare of the sun
If you are going on a ride during the cooler months (November to March), you may want to bring a lightweight jacket or sweater for the early morning or evening when temperatures can drop.